- 1 SBI PO Exam Pattern 2018 For Prelims-
- 2 SBI PO Syllabus 2018 For Prelims Exam-
- 3 SBI PO Prelims Exam Specifics-
- 4 Detailed SBI PO Prelims Exam Syllabus With Marks Distribution-
- 5 Reasoning Ability:
- 6 English Language:
- 7 Quantitative Aptitude:
SBI PO Recruitment notification 2018 has already been released. If you’re one of the contenders who are willing to do jobs in Banking sector then its great news for you. If you’re looking to do preparation for SBI PO Exam 2018 then at first you need the complete Exam Pattern & Syllabus for the Preparation of SBI PO Exam 2018. Today here We are sharing the SBI PO Syllabus & Exam Pattern 2018 for you. many of the Job seekers & Applicants might be worrying about the two most important things :
- What will be the expected syllabus for the SBI PO Recruitment 2018?.
- Which type of questions will be ask in SBI PO Prelims 2018 Exam?.
SBI PO syllabus is the backbone of every Candidates and without knowing the exact Syllabus and Exam Pattern of SBI PO Pre Exam no one can start preparation for SBI Exams. and the Exam paper will be set on bases of these Topics, so it is important to every Students to go through the Syllabus of SBI PO which will help them to plan their Preparation and easily manage their time.
The Syllabus of SBI PO Contains topics from quantitative aptitude, General & Banking awareness, Reasoning ability, Computer Aptitude & General English. test of General English has become a compulsory subject. Test of General Awareness & Test of Computer Knowledge has been introduced in the Scheme of SBI PO Examination. Central Recruitment and promotional Department (CRPD), SBI has been omitted by the State Bank Of India and SBI Associates. CRPD SBI furnished other important information about the examination i.e. Duration of Examination, Number of Questions to be asked from each test, Maximum Marks for the Examination. Candidates we are going to Appear in the forthcoming SBI PO Pre Exams they need only such pieces of information which will published in this website.
Before Applying for SBI PO Examination Candidates should ensure that they are eligible in respect of Age, Qualification, Nationality as stipulated in the Advertisement. In the Examination the Qualifying Candidates will face the Objective type questions the details of these question will given in other articles in this Website. The SBI PO Prelims Examination 2018 will be conducted for 100 marks comprising of three subjects while the SBI PO Mains examination will be conducted for 200 Marks. the Group exercise and Interview of SBI PO will carry of 30 Marks. The Candidates who qualify in the SBI PO Pre Written Examination have to give the SBI PO Mains Examination and After clearing the SBI PO Mains Examination on the basis of merit list they will be called for Interview.
Now a days Everyone’s dream is to work on the Banking sector and for that candidates work hard but there is a huge competition and to beat this competition you need to be aware of the exact Syllabus of SBI PO Prelims Examination 2018, So that you can frame your strategies and implement the same during the examination. With the help of this Article you will get the Complete & Detailed Syllabus of SBI PO Pre Exam Along with Exam Pattern:
SBI PO Exam Pattern 2018 For Prelims-
SBI PO Pre Exams consisting of Objective type questions for 100 Marks which will conducted Online. This Objective Type Test have 100 Question for 1 hour and SBI PO Exam Pattern For Prelims Exam can be spread over three sections: English Language, Quantitative Aptitude & Reasoning Ability.
Name of Test
No. Of Questions
|1.||English Language||30||30||Composite time of 1 hour|
SBI PO Syllabus 2018 For Prelims Exam-
Here below We are providing the Completed Subject wise & Detailed Syllabus of SBI PO Pre Exam for you:
SBI PO Syllabus For Prelims Exam
Total No. Of Questions
SBI PO Prelims Exam Specifics-
- Bilingual – In India one of the major problems for Job seeking students is Language and SBI have given the best facility for that because the Examination of SBI PO will be available in both English And Hindi. Its depends upon you, on which language you feel more confortable to give the Test.
- Negative Marking – There remain five alternative answers to every questions for the Test. For each question for each wrong answer has been given by you , one fourth or 0.25 of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted as penalty. if for any question you give more than one answer then it will be treated as wrong answer if one of the given answers happens to be right and there will be same penalty as above for that question, If a question is left blank i.e no answer is given by you there will be no penalty for the test is in fraction. It will be rounded off the nearest integer. You should therefore be careful in marking your answers.
- Cut-Off- SBI have given each section have separate Cut-off marks. and there is an overall Cut-off decided by the SBI that you need to cross to move to the next round.
Detailed SBI PO Prelims Exam Syllabus With Marks Distribution-
- Inequalities: (5 Questions)
Mostly Direct Mathematical Inequalities. There may be 2-3 complex expressions like A > B ≥ C = D; E < B ≤ F. There may be 2-4 conclusions which are to be deduced from these statements. Coded inequalities problems may also be asked where relation between alphabets are coded such as A # B where # is actually code for > sign.
- Ordering and Ranking: (0-5 Questions)
Mostly Puzzle on ordering by age, floor, rank, boxes of different colours one above another, order in row etc.
- Directions & Distances: (2-5 Questions)
A bit difficult problems but can be solved by just plotting all the given information on paper.
- Coding & Decoding: (0-5 Questions)
Less Likely to Appear. Mostly questions on Coding and Decoding in Fictitious Language are asked where a few statements are given which are coded in some meaningless language and questions are based on this code. Possible questions could also include Coding and Decoding by Letter Shifting, Coding by Analogy and Coding Letters of a Word.
- Blood Relations: (2-3 Questions)
Family Tree and Coded Blood Relation Problems.
- Syllogisms: (0-5 Questions)
Problems with 2-3 statements and 2-3 conclusions. Questions are asked whether the conclusions follow or not. Mostly Possibility based questions are asked. Negative statements and conclusion are also possible (i.e. which of the conclusions DO NOT follow from the given statements).
- Circular Seating Arrangement: (5-7 Questions)
Includes Uni-Directional and Bi-Directional problems (i.e. facing inside, outside or in both directions). Sometimes, tough Square/Rectangular/Hexagonal Table problems also asked. These questions may be paired with Blood Relations or some other Double Line-Up information along with Circular Arrangement information which makes the problem more difficult and time consuming.
- Linear Seating Arrangement: (5-11 Questions)
Problems involving single row (usually, facing north/south) or 2 rows facing each other and floor-based questions. Can include Double Line-Up type problems with information sorting.
- Double Line Up: (0-6 Questions)
May have negative information. Requires clean charting, proper technique and step-by-step solving.
- Scheduling: (0-6 Questions)
Very similar to Double Line-Up problems.
- Grouping and Selection: (0-5 Questions)
Less likely to appear. Problems on teams and committees asked.
- Fill in the Blanks: (0-5 Questions)
Double Blank type questions. Vocabulary based questions. Answers can be easily picked by eliminating options and understanding context of the sentence.
- Reading Comprehension: (7-10 Questions)
Likely the RC will consist of one passage of 7-10 questions. The topics you should look out for are Banking & Economy, Business, Geo-politics, Governance, Education, Technology, Transport and Social Issues. If 10 questions are asked then there can be 3-4 questions on vocabulary too.
Synonyms, Antonyms and meanings of Idioms/Phrases are asked in vocabulary based questions. Theme and main idea based questions are also asked. The fact based and inference based questions require a thorough reading of the passage and sometimes could be a bit tricky.
- Para Jumbles: (0-5 Questions)
A set of 6 sentences are to be rearranged to form a meaningful paragraph. All questions will be based on this single test. Sometimes, the correct order is asked and the options will show whether you are on the right track. The passage can be on any general topic. Use of conjunctions/connectors will be helpful for attempting these questions.
- Cloze Test: (5-10 Questions)
A single passage with 5 or 10 blanks. Passage could be on any topic ranging from Banking & Economy to Social Issues. Words are usually easy to moderate and vocabulary based, but there is always one or two tough words. Understanding the context of the passage will help you solve it easily. Knowledge of Phrasal verbs will help you.
- Error Spotting: (5-10 Questions)
Could most probably be grammar based (as vocabulary based error spotting was last asked in 2008). Long Sentences with error in one part are asked. Important topics covered are: Tenses, Subject-Verb Agreement, Article-Noun Agreement, Correct Part of Speech, Correct use of Prepositions, Parallelism, Phrasal Verbs, Easily Confusable Words, Contextual Usage, Sentence Construction, Degree of Comparison, Conjunctions, Finite and Non-finite verbs. Avoid guessing too much in these questions.
- Word Association Pair: (0-5 Questions)
Four words will be given and you need to determine which two words have either synonymous or antonyms relation between them. Your knowledge of vocabulary is tested.
- Phrase Idiom Meaning: (0-3 Questions)
The phrases will be given and you need to select the correct meaning of the given phrase.
- Spellings: (0-3 Questions)
You need to choose the word that is correctly spelt or wrongly spelt from the given options.
- Sentence/ Paragraph Completion: (0-5 Questions)
A long sentence or a short paragraph will be given with one part of it missing. The missing parts will be mentioned in the options. You need to choose the correct option to complete the sentence or paragraph meaningfully.
- Phrase Replacement/ Sentence Correction: (0-5 Questions)
Grammar/Vocabulary based. Avoid guessing too much in these questions. The questions sometimes test you on Standard Construction of Sentences, Order of Words, Phrasal Verbs, Homonyms, etc.
- Simplification: (5-10 Questions)
Problems based on BODMAS Rule, Fractions, Percentages, Approximation, Decimals, Surds & Indices.
- Number System: (0-1 Questions)
Problems based on Divisibility & Remainder, Multiples & Factors, Integers, LCM & HCF.
- Average: (1-2 Questions)
Questions on Average Weight/Height/Age/Marks, Average Money expenditure, Average Temperature etc. You just need to use a single formula i.e. Average = (Sum of Quantities)/(Number of Quantities)
- Percentage: (1-2 Questions)
Calculation oriented basic percentage problems.
- Ratio and Proportion: (1-2 Questions)
Problems based on Simple Ratios, Compound Ratios, Componendo & Dividendo, Proportions etc.
- Interest: (1-2 Questions)
Problems based on Simple Interest, Compound Interest as well as mixture of both SI & CI.
- Number Series: (5 Questions)
Problems based on completing the Series, Finding the Missing Term, Finding the Wrong Term. The concepts behind this can be based on simple AP, GP, AGP or more complex patterns.
- Profit and Loss: (1-2 Questions)
Successive Selling, Partnerships, Discount & MP and Dishonest Dealings.
- Speed, Time and Distance: (1-2 Questions)
Relative Speed, Average Speed, Problems based on Trains, Boat & Stream.
- Algebra: (0-6 Questions)
Maybe 5 Problems based on Quadratic Equations in which two quadratic equations are given will be asked. You have to determine the relation between x and y. Apart from that Linear Equations questions based on ages may be asked, Sometimes Inequalities are also asked.
- Mensuration: (1-2 Questions)
Problems based on areas of Square, Rectangle, Circle, Semicircle and Parallelogram. Cone and Cylinder also asked.
- Data Interpretation: (5-10 Questions)
Problems come under this chapter are Line Graphs, Bar Graphs, Pie Charts, Tables and other miscellaneous infographics. Triangular Graph & Radar Graph problems appear rarely. Missing data types questions are also asked in the exam.
- Time and Work: (1-2 Questions)
Problems based on Work Efficiency, Pipe & Cistern, Work and Wages.
- Permutation and Combination: (0-1 Questions)
Problems based on Basic Selection and Arrangement Problems
- Mixture Problems: (1-2 Question)
Problems based on making a mixture of two or more entities/mixtures.
- Probability: (0-1 Question)
Very basic problems on probability.
- Data Sufficiency: (0-5 Questions)
Data sufficiency problems.